Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Others
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Colusa Medical Center is a Critical Access Hospital located in webster St, Colusa, CA, in partnership with our physicians, will consistently strive to provide accessible, high-quality care within the local community. Our focus is on improving the health and well-being of all individuals by offering inpatient, outpatient, and rural health clinic services to the Colusa County community.
Immediate F/T position available. 10 hour shifts
The Clinical Laboratory scientist performs a variety of laboratory tests, which may be complex and involve numerous steps and techniques. Tests may be performed in hematology, urinalysis, transfusion service, chemistry, coagulation, serology, and microbiology. Professional application of the principles, theories and techniques of laboratory science are used to produce reliable test results, which aid the physician in diagnosis and treatment. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will need to exercise professional judgment and perform in a professional manner. The Laboratory Scientists are accountable for accurate results employing proper use of Quality Control materials. They must recognize the interdependency of tests and the conditions that may affect the results. They are expected to correct their own errors. They must maintain and make small repairs and adjustments to a variety of complex instruments. They may be responsible for the work of others in the absence of a supervisor. They are required to continually update their knowledge. They must comply with all applicable law and regulation.
California State Licensure. Must be able to perform complex analysis, which require a definite network of steps and variables. Must have an in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles and instruments. Must be able to recognize problems, identify their cause, create alternatives and determine solutions. Must possess good communication skills. Must be responsible for own work and decisions and must be able to supervise and teach others. Must be able to evaluate procedures and instrumentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specimen collection and processing:
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Venipuncture/finger stick.
- Prepare specimens for pathology
- Prepare samples for daily workload and for reference lab.
- Read and record temperatures of various instruments, refrigerators and incubators.
- Help with daily inventory and replenishment of blood bank.
- Inventory and request supplies and reagents for ordering.
- Perform and record quality control data in all departments.
- Be adept in the procedures involved with charges, charts, logging tests or patients in and out, mailing specimens, receiving reports, and other duties of a clerical nature.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care and/or services appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
- Perform routine and special tests in chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, transfusion service and serology.
- Perform and record daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance on instruments.
- Be able to trouble shoot and solve procedure and instrument malfunctions.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
- Perform as a generalist technologist and be adept in moving from department to department in order to complete workload.
- Assume responsibility for reporting tests results to appropriate personnel.